Friday, April 30, 2010

Ross' Wacky-Ass Vinyl Find of the Week

I'm a guy who buys a lot of vinyl records. Old ones. Stuff that you can't find on CD... weird s**t... If I see it, I'll buy it. I could spend half the day at Goodwill and St. Vinnie's just going through their racks. Long story short, I have a lot of strange and wonderful vinyl gems. And now through the magic of the internet, I'm going to share them with you on a (hopefully) regular basis.





My aunt and uncle had this classic by music's equivalent of the Wonder Twins when they lived in the Madison area. My cousins and I made sure to listen to it whenever we came to visit. But I thought the wholesome goodness of this Donny and Marie release was lost forever until I found a copy at a resale store. Oh the joy of hearing "'A' Is For Alice" and "C'Mon Marianne" again in all its crackly glory. Marie's spoken lyrics during "Deep Purple" still melt my heart and you can never go wrong with "A Little Bit Country, A Little Bit Rock 'N Roll". If you ever come across this little slice of heaven at a garage sale or church swap meet, grab it and run -- don't walk -- to the nearest cashier, throw a five-spot down and yell, "Quickly, before the Mormons find out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment